You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/03/2017 10:55 am  #1

iOS App

Hi Everyone!,

Can anyone recommend a simple iOS app that only gives GPS coords?  I'm techsavy and comfortable with 'fancier' apps, however am looking for an app that will give me GPS coords without cell/data reception so that I can simply bookmark the coords while n backcountry...  Thanks in advance :-)

5/03/2017 4:58 pm  #2

Re: iOS App

Ash wrote:

Hi Everyone!,

Can anyone recommend a simple iOS app that only gives GPS coords? I'm techsavy and comfortable with 'fancier' apps, however am looking for an app that will give me GPS coords without cell/data reception so that I can simply bookmark the coords while n backcountry... Thanks in advance :-)

I use "avenza maps" which used to be called GPS maps. You can download Jeff's maps into it and get your exact GPS location overlayed over Jeff's map... you can also make points of interest etc like any other handheld GPS. Its SUPER handy when you can't find a portage!
And yes, it works without cell service AS LONG as your phone has a built in GPS.. but most do now.

Last edited by ATVenture (5/03/2017 4:59 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.