You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2017 7:42 pm  #1

thinking bout fishing Lake travers in Late May - Water level at sites?

with high spring water levels, does anyone know if lake travers has good sites in May?  I am thinking about a 2 or 3 day trip in late may to lake travers.  Also i know it is popular for walleye at that time of the year.  Is there heavy demand then for the available sites?  I have fished there in July but water levels are much lower then.

4/18/2017 5:51 am  #2

Re: thinking bout fishing Lake travers in Late May - Water level at sites?

You will have NO PROBLEM with getting a campsite on Lake Traverse in May.  There are many with sandy beaches and others too.  A nice site with a HARD sandy beach is on your way in, past the point on your left, the next campsite is GORGEOUS....very flat and spacious.  All by itself with neighbours far away.  I find this site very SPIRITUAL.  You can even walk this HARD beach a long way.

​Low water will not be a problem.

​I am not really a pike or walleye fisherperson, but I think the season for these two species is around the 3rd Saturday in May.  Better check the regulations just to be sure you are not fishing outside the season for pike and walleye.

Last edited by boknows (4/18/2017 5:52 am)

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

5/04/2017 12:37 pm  #3

Re: thinking bout fishing Lake travers in Late May - Water level at sites?

Lots of great sites as for the fishing it's heavily fished during all seasons walleye are there but not easy to find pike not sure but muskie for sure and if you like catfish you will catch your limit  here's to tight lines stay safe and enjoy your time in AP it's always special 

Shawn G

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.