You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2017 10:04 am  #18

Re: New Trip Report Online! (TR20: TOURduPARK I (16-Day, 240km Solo))

I have a new favourite whisky sour recipe. This trip report just keeps on giving. Lol

4/06/2017 1:09 pm  #19

Unreal trip and amazing trip report!  I love reading all your reports but this one has been my favorite so far! Well done

4/06/2017 2:59 pm  #20

What a trip!
Great report and unreal pictures.  Thanks for sharing!

4/06/2017 4:12 pm  #21

Great report! Finished it all off last night. What bothered me the most about the report is that you had a fishing rod, went through some great trout water and didn't even use it! That would be a harsh form of torture for me. Probably a good thing at the end of the day as I'm sure trout were already stressed enough with the warm low water. The South River sounded like a great adventure as well. Thanks for sharing, and congrats on the good execution. Only question is how much whiskey did you bring? Too bad they don't sell Barcadi 151 here anymore. Would last even longer! 

4/09/2017 6:16 pm  #22

Jdbonney you'll love it, so simple, so good!

Steve I'm glad you liked the report! I always enjoy your photo reports - esp. the winter hot tent scenes.

van - thanks - I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Lenny - yeah man, I know. To be fair, 5 years ago I wasn't as into fishing as I am today (and I'm still not huge into it, I just enjoy it when I can - depending on the waters of course). You're probably right about it being for the better - 2012 was an abnormal year for weather, low water - everything. The fire ban was the hardest part of this trip. I brought 65oz of whiskey divided into five micky's (3x for start of trip, 2x in re-supply box in Brent). It worked out well enough - Before I left, I asked Markus if he had any advice for a 16 day solo trip and among his words were 'Bring extra booze!' He's right - and it was a good call.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.