You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2017 6:13 pm  #1

Where in Algonquin #115

3/25/2017 2:36 pm  #2

Re: Where in Algonquin #115

Well, I guess I'll get us started...Catfish?

3/25/2017 5:32 pm  #3

Lake Louisa looking east from the campsite on the south shore about halfway through the lake

edit: accidently said Linda Lake instead of Lake Louisa 

Last edited by trippythings (3/25/2017 5:33 pm)

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

3/25/2017 7:14 pm  #4

RPDUKE - thanks for getting it going. I was on the verge of posting another shot just to the left but that seemed pretty weak so I'm glad I was saved for now. Not Catfish though.

trippythings - not Louisa . . . or Linda for that matter.

3/25/2017 7:33 pm  #5

Big Bob near portage to Nipissing River?

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

3/25/2017 9:37 pm  #6

You got it Tripper! Only fitting, since reading one of your trip logs through this area figured prominently in my preparations for that trip, which was to include the full length of the Nip. Sadly, my wife and I could not match anything close to your pace on the upper stretch from Big Bob to Loontail Creek. We finally ended up leaving the river at the Remona portage for want of time, not to mention a change of scenery and mercifully, some relief from the mosquitos (mid-June). Still a good trip though, mostly.

You're up!

3/25/2017 10:46 pm  #7

It was the stump that gave it away.  I remember the first time I stayed on that site there was a nice big White Pine by the water that I hung my food pack from.  Years later when I stayed there again all that was left was a weathered stump so it kind of stuck with me.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

3/26/2017 7:50 pm  #8

Just figures.  The one time I know the answer, I don't see the thread until it's too late.

Yup, recognized the view and stump right away.

Barbara

Take everything as it comes; the wave passes, deal with the next one.

Tom Thomson, 1877-1917

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.