You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2015 9:22 am  #1

I'm back!

Hey Gang,  its good to back back out again.  I love the new forums and I look forward to reading up on the new topics soon.

I'm heading back into the park on September 25, and I've posted a new video, announcing a new piece of gear - a kayak.

https://youtu.be/luPJntqJENM

Last edited by solo_lesta (9/09/2015 9:22 am)

9/09/2015 11:18 am  #2

9/09/2015 12:07 pm  #3

Re: I'm back!

Good to see you back and hear that the twins are good. I assume you have rigged up some type of yoke for the portages?
Out of curiosity what does it weigh?

9/09/2015 5:45 pm  #4

Re: I'm back!

I'll be traveling the road most traveled...
Canoe - Joe, Burnt Island, Sunbeam, Tom Thomson, Tepee, Canoe.
It appears to have planty of big water, some river travel, and lots of short and well traveled portages.  A great test for the kayak.

What I didn't include in the video was that when I picked up the Kayak, portage style, my head and shoulders almost fit perfectly into the seat, where the water bottle goes.  I almost don't need a yoke.

However, I'm going to try to create some sort of webbing strap shoulder harness that would function like a portage yoke, and would scrunch up and store in that front hatch.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.