You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2017 6:29 pm  #18

Re: rain gear????

Anything with gortex should in theory hold up pretty well. MEC's got lots of good options in that regard. 
The real key for me is ventilation, because you can get just as wet from your own sweat, as you can from a sub-par rain jacket. This is especially true during hot rainy days. I would definitely look for a jacket with pit zips, as that little bit of ventilation makes a really big difference under warm rainy conditions. 

3/07/2017 7:41 pm  #19

Cheap rain pants (Viking?) from Marks. Then a rain jacket with pit zips on top. Brand is not too important. They all wet through within two years and never return to their initial waterproof state, so I buy the cheap one on sale. Marmot Precip, Sail house brand, currently MEC clearance rainjacket. Always pit zips.
On head, an Outdoor Research rain hat. I think it's called Seattle Sombrero.

3/08/2017 7:11 am  #20

RAB Silponcho. Though I haven't had occasion to actually use it yet, it's lightweight, gets great reviews and can double as a tarp.

Last edited by Blobsquatch (3/08/2017 7:11 am)

3/08/2017 8:04 am  #21

I use old rain pants from OnTour.  They are a golf clothing company and have some decent rain gear.  They arent amazing but they get the job done.  I bought a North Face jacket last year on sale and absolutely love it.  I fished in a downpour last fall for over an hour and i was almost bone dry underneath the rain gear.  One little spot on my shoulder was damp.  The next purchase for me will be a good pair of rain pants.  My buddies and I go into the park every spring and fall so keeping warm and dry is key!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.