You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2017 3:08 pm  #1

New Trip Report Online! (TR 62: Lt.Cauchon-Erables-Nadine-Nipissing)

Hello Algonquin Adventures Community!

I published a new trip report on TOURduPARK today. It's from a 5 day trip through Algonquin's north end back in 2015. Full of history, wildlife, brook trout and a special engagement.

Hope you like it!

TR 62: Little Cauchon - Erables - Nadine - Nipissing River

Some Preview Images:

***Side Note: If you have TOURduPARK.com saved as a bookmark - please delete it and re-add it, or else you will get a 'This site's security cannot be verified' message.Reason being: In an effort to keep TDP up and running, I have cut costs by removing my SSL certificate - considering I do not collect personal or banking information, this level of encryption is not required.

Last edited by Peek (2/20/2017 7:28 pm)

2/08/2017 4:07 pm  #2

Re: New Trip Report Online! (TR 62: Lt.Cauchon-Erables-Nadine-Nipissing)

Great TR, Peek - I really enjoyed reading it (and looking at the photos, too - lots of familiar spots).  It's been a long time since we passed through some parts of that territory, but not so long for others.  Loved your stories, too - baby loon, frog in the pants, engagement, etc.

2/10/2017 9:22 am  #3

thanks Diana! Glad you enjoyed it - the baby loon encounter was just outstanding. The bear was cool too, but I'm not sure anything can top the baby loon. What an experience!!

Another trip log coming in a couple days: TR 77: McKaskill Lake Cabin.

2/10/2017 12:59 pm  #4

Great read Peek - thanks for posting. The baby loon thing was awesome. 

Also, just how much whiskey are you carrying with you?

2/10/2017 1:47 pm  #5

Really enjoyed this report, thanks for sharing. I hadn't seen your site before, it's fantastic. Love the ruins section.

2/10/2017 2:45 pm  #6

Timely posting of this great trip report, Peek.  I have this scheduled for 10 days starting 5/7 (provided ice out) this year with a buddy.  Gives us some ideas on where to look for ruins, something we don't normally do.  This just makes us want the time to fly faster so we can get to it.  We will post our report sometime after our return.  Nice job on the report, a good read.

2/11/2017 12:54 pm  #7

Hey Bob glad you enjoy the read - loons are great eh? LOL at the whiskey comment.. ummm.. we bring... enough? A new TR is pending release (tomorrow morning) in which I may have described us as 'Julian' from TPB's. (it was an off-day and we decided to make it an 'all-inclusive vacation day').

AL - happy you enjoyed the read and moreso that you discovered & love the site - the ruins are my fav too. There are just so many out there I figure they need to be documented in one place.

Doug you're going to love this route - its such a great mix of lake (big and small), rivers, creeks, wildlife, history, everything! Can't wait to read you account of the area. 3 more months!!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.