You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/04/2017 4:25 pm  #1

Hotcore Sleeping Bags

Does anyone have any experience with the Hotcore sleeping bags?  I'm looking at the T-200 as a more compact alternative to my current cold weather bag.  Thanks.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

2/04/2017 9:30 pm  #2

Re: Hotcore Sleeping Bags

I have a Fatboy 200 which is just and oversized version of the one your looking at and love the small pack size of it but I can't offer an opinion on the winter use as I have not used it then. I'm spoiled by a Woods winter bag that works for me well.

2/05/2017 8:43 am  #3

Thanks fishquest. I'm thinking more for the shoulder seasons as I tend to sleep cold.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

2/05/2017 10:49 pm  #4

My idea as well as I'm always cool and prefer to be warmer rather then cooler so I use it then as well and love it. I bought the bigger model as I'm a tall guy so the fit is good as well. I think they are a great deal for the price.

2/06/2017 9:38 am  #5

My brother has been using a T-100 for a few years and is happy with it, not quite enough warmth without a liner/good long johns on those cold (sub-zero) early spring nights, but that's where presumably the T-200 fits the bill.

I'm considering it for a replacement for my spring/fall bag, although I do wish it had an insulated hood . . .

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.