You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2017 12:02 pm  #1

Algonquin Park Webcam - Moose Carcas

Anyone else totally fixated on the Algonquin Park webcam at the moment?  Been watching it for an hour or so and have seen a fox and two Fishers going at it.  Pretty cool!

http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/virtual/webcam/index.php

1/16/2017 12:17 pm  #2

Re: Algonquin Park Webcam - Moose Carcas

I can't tell what it is, but something big is going at it right now

1/16/2017 12:26 pm  #3

The Park gives updates on Facebook as to what is going on.  Apparently there are currently two Fishers and a Fox hanging around.  Wolves have also been seen in the area.  You can click to zoom in but the quality isn't great and it must be windy there today as the camera is bouncing around a fair bit....still pretty cool!

1/16/2017 12:31 pm  #4

Thanks for the tip!

Within 2 mins I saw the fisher and there is a fox there now!

1/16/2017 4:39 pm  #5

I keep seeing updates on Facebook so I've checked it out a couple times. Earlier today it was just a couple of ravens but looks like the fox is there now. Pretty neat.

1/16/2017 10:31 pm  #6

In Huntsville this weekend.  Hoping to get there to see it for our selves. Love it.

1/17/2017 1:25 pm  #7

looks like a very small moose?  i think it is a deer.  

1/17/2017 2:05 pm  #8

Man, all I see when I watch is a bunch of crows...

SeanOfAjax
Paddling Adventures Radio
www.paddlingadventuresradio.com
"Grab a paddle and get on the water"

1/17/2017 2:26 pm  #9

@swedish pimple: The moose was a lot bigger yesterday; much of it has been stripped clean.

1/17/2017 5:57 pm  #10

namaste canoe claire,,, 
 thanks for your insights!
  it would be sssoooooo cool to see a bob cat or a lynx show up for a snack
      i am really gonna watch now.
          thank you steve e. for starting this thread. great stuff!  kudos to all ,

1/19/2017 1:27 pm  #11

Right now - 1:25pm EST, a fox showed just showed up.  The crows kind of backed off.  And as I type this the fox is walking away.  I didn't see when it happened, but the fox grabbed a chunk and is walking off with it.

1/19/2017 3:13 pm  #12

3:12pm EST.  Something with four legs and a tail  is chewing on it right now.  Can't tell what it is.  Martin or Fisher I guess. 

1/19/2017 3:24 pm  #13

Here's a screen capture (lousy quality), but at least you can see it.  It just right now took off, but man when it was tugging on that carcass it was easy to get a sense of the fantastic amount of force/pull it is able to bring to bear in tearing meat away.  It was enough that you could see the carcass rock just a little.  Really fascinating.  He's gone and the birds returned less than a minute later.  They know their place.

Sorry for the little flurry of messages.  I've had the webcam on a small-size on my computer this afternoon, so when there is a lot of motion I notice it.

1/20/2017 4:31 pm  #14

4:30pm EST.  Wolf there right now.  Wandering around, very tentative and skittish.  Camera keeps following him.  Looks like it wants to stick around but is feeling insecure.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.