You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/25/2016 8:43 am  #1

what did ya get for christmas?

did santa bring anyone  cool algonquin stuff to use? new gear for christmas?

Last edited by swedish pimple (12/27/2016 7:25 am)

12/25/2016 9:19 am  #2

Re: what did ya get for christmas?

Santa brought us an MSR Guardian water filter which I expect will be a big improvement over our 25 year old MSR Waterworks filter.  

12/27/2016 2:24 am  #3

swedish pimple wrote:

did santa bring ya anyone cool algonquin stuff to use? new gear?

Hey Sweede, not many responses eh. Not like the old days when people posted to this forum.

12/27/2016 9:13 am  #4

Yeh, times do change. With peaks of forum use being in the mornings of work-days, maybe some folks are bridging their Christmas and New Years days-off solid.

Anyway, on SP's inquiry .. I got a couple of CT gift cards. They'll probably go toward camping fuel, tarp rope and other camping stuff.

12/27/2016 7:27 pm  #5

a cold  

Dave

12/27/2016 9:40 pm  #6

Santa was quite generous and brought me a Siltarp 2 to take over one that's hitting 30 years old, along with a Bahco saw to replace a dull one. Also received a bit of jerky in my stocking along with a backpacking mag to whet my appetite for next year!

Dave - hope your cold goes away soon...

Cheers,

Rich

12/28/2016 7:09 am  #7

My angel of a sister and my brother-in-law got me a Vitamix to help me eat right and lose some weight so I can tackle some of those hiking trails and portages with more energy in 2017! To top that off, my wife (who very grudgingly acknowledges my love of camping) got me a Les Stroud book and a DVD season set of Man vs. Wild. Time to prep for spring

12/28/2016 10:37 am  #8

I got a new hat!!!!!

SeanOfAjax
Paddling Adventures Radio
www.paddlingadventuresradio.com
"Grab a paddle and get on the water"

12/29/2016 7:20 am  #9

A Trangia 25. Super stoked. My smaller 27 gets heavy use but is limited to 2 person trips. My sister in law has also starting getting me Ontario Parks gift certificates every year which always get used for permits in Algonquin.

12/29/2016 8:47 am  #10

nice chin strap, roger
   did it come with the hat????

12/29/2016 2:00 pm  #11

There was a sale at Walmart on them.... Hahahaha....

SeanOfAjax
Paddling Adventures Radio
www.paddlingadventuresradio.com
"Grab a paddle and get on the water"

12/30/2016 2:11 pm  #12

swedish pimple wrote:

nice chin strap, roger
   did it come with the hat????

it appears so, they are almost the same color!! 

12/30/2016 8:33 pm  #13

I got a nice mid-layer Arc'Teryx jacket   I think my addiction to these jackets has officially overtaken my addiction to sleeping bags!

1/03/2017 8:32 am  #14

My hubby got me a new camp pillow, one of those Sea to Summit collapsable pots and a little fold down stand for the fuel canister.  The dog knocked over the stove last summer.  Thankfully we were just boiling water for coffee, and there was no food in the pot.

On the giving end, we got my parents warmer sleeping bags, and the kids new paddles, headlamps, and a few little things in their stockings.  Oh yeah, and we got my mum a good yoke for her canoe...it came with just a straight one, and since my husband will likely be the one doing any portaging of it for them, he decided to buy her one that would be more comfortable for him to use.

1/03/2017 8:45 am  #15

Sounds like Santa was generous this year for people!

I got a sleeping bag liner. It will add warmth to my sleeping bag in cold weather but the real beauty will be come summer. In the summer we travel with just a down quilt between the two of us and maybe a lightweight fleece blanket. The liner will be a nice extra warmth for me as I sleep cooler than my husband.

1/19/2017 6:05 pm  #16

I ended up with a great book on bushcraft called Out On The Land, it's by Ray Mears and Lars Falt. It's an excellent book and I highly recommend it. Also got my first Woolpower undershirt, half zip 200g weight and though it's not as warm as I would prefer it is still quite warm. I picked up an ice fishing rod combo from 13Fishing and can't wait to head out this Sunday to hopefully catch a couple Lakers and some Walleye. 

1/20/2017 10:35 am  #17

@ZenSoloist. That book sounds perfect for my husband! I'll check it out.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.