You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/26/2016 7:28 am  #1

A few of my photos from this past season

I've been playing around with my camera more than ever this past year, and I would love to know what you all think! I know there are some amazing photographers on this forum. If you have any questions about any picture in particular don't hesitate to ask!
All photos were taken with my Canon SL1 (100d) with either the 18-55mm kit lens or a 55-250mm Canon lens.
I post 1 new photo every morning to my Instagram if you want to see more; https://www.instagram.com/at.venture/

Last edited by token (11/26/2016 7:31 am)

11/26/2016 3:22 pm  #2

Re: A few of my photos from this past season

Nice work, Token. Don't know how you got so close for some of those animal shots or how you convinced that wolf to get into your canoe  but  they did come out nice.

Notice that the bird in the third pic is banded. Wonder who is doing the study.

Last edited by Algonquintripper (11/26/2016 9:23 pm)

Dave

11/26/2016 4:41 pm  #3

Awesome stuff Token thanks for sharing!

11/27/2016 10:23 am  #4

Awesome shots Andrew. It's nice to see them all in one place to get an overall perspective of the quality

11/27/2016 10:39 am  #5

Algonquintripper wrote:

Nice work, Token. Don't know how you got so close for some of those animal shots or how you convinced that wolf to get into your canoe  but  they did come out nice.

Notice that the bird in the third pic is banded. Wonder who is doing the study.

A few of the wildlife shots are cropped from the original photos.. But that was by far the closest I've been to a live moose. She came within 10 feet of me, but her body language told me she had no issues with me being there what so ever. As for the Gray Jays being banded I assume its the Algonquin Wildlife Research Station? I'm not 100% sure though, and I am sure someone else can answer that more accurately? Most of the Gray Jays I've seen in the park are banded.

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback. :-)

11/28/2016 8:59 am  #6

Thanks for sharing; those are beautiful photos! 

The fox photos are downright magical. 

11/28/2016 9:46 am  #7

Last edited by token (11/28/2016 9:47 am)

11/28/2016 1:41 pm  #8

Yep; I feel confident that fox strolled right out of Narnia and is just in this world for a visit. It was very nice of him to pose for you. 

11/29/2016 8:51 pm  #9

The banded gray jays are part of an ongoing study in Algonquin started years ago by dan Strickland. 

http://sbaa.ca/researchers.asp?cn=293

11/30/2016 7:51 pm  #10

When you really look closely at bird photos up close like that, you realize how alien they are. Great shots.

12/05/2016 9:41 am  #11

A few new ones from the last few days. :-) 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.