You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/14/2016 9:50 am  #1

Ranger Cabins?

Is anyone aware where I could find out the number of people each cabin may accommodate?  Hoping to rent next summer for a week but need to accommodate 5 to 8. Thinking Kitty lake might be only option for a group that size.

10/14/2016 1:31 pm  #2

Re: Ranger Cabins?

It depends on what you mean by 'accomidate' (such as: everyone gets a bunk; or,  how many can comfortably stay there) I've spent at least a night at each of the cabins (in most cases, several nights) in the park and you are correct in that Kitty Lake would be the only one with the ability to 'bunk' that many people. The rest have sleeping space for 4. (highview has space for 5 as there is a double bunk on the bottom)

Hop on my website (linked below) for an inside & out view of the cabins as it might help with your decision. Unfortunately the FoA website has next-to-no useful information on the cabins. Just a tiny, old photo for each. Good luck!

TOURduPARK: Ranger Cabins

10/14/2016 2:16 pm  #3

We were camping across from the Crow lake cabin this fall, and there were 6 people for 3 days. No idea how they all slept though, and ive never been in the cabin.

10/14/2016 3:12 pm  #4

Thanks peek. Been on your site many time. Especially in winter. Lotsa good stuff. I stayed at big crow a few year back. Two bedroom with bed for 4. You could squeeze a couple more but would be sleeping on the floor. Thanks for the info so far guys. I think Highview has bunks for 5 also.

Last edited by Shayne74 (10/14/2016 3:18 pm)

10/21/2016 3:29 pm  #5

The Rain Lake Cabin has 2 beds in a separate room and 2 bunks in the "entrance".  Suitable for 4.

The largest area of the cabin is filled with a picnic table.    No room for bunking on the floor.

However, the screened room they added could accommodate a few folks on the floor. 

The Kitty Lake cabin has 4 single bunks.  Lots of space on the floor.  And space outside the cabin to accommodate tents or bivy sacks or hammocks.

Barbara

Take everything as it comes; the wave passes, deal with the next one.

Tom Thomson, 1877-1917

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.