You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/01/2016 1:21 pm  #1

Toadstools on a damp day ...

I can't name any toadstools, but I love capturing their colours and shapes. These were on the old railbed on the Mizzy Lake Trail yesterday ...

And these were on a side trail at the north end of the Mizzy Lake Trail. The camera had a hard time capturing their pale blue colour  ...

10/07/2016 1:13 pm  #2

Re: Toadstools on a damp day ...

Very nice, Barry.

We were on a campsite on Annie Bay that was like an encyclopedia of shrooms and Fun Guys.  Amazing to watch as they sprouted and developed day by day.

Barbara

Take everything as it comes; the wave passes, deal with the next one.

Tom Thomson, 1877-1917

10/20/2016 12:12 pm  #3

Re: Toadstools on a damp day ...

Hey! Wow those are some great shots!
I've always wanted to be able to tell the difference of the different Fun-guy's but have only taken pictures.
If you're interested I looked these up, and it appears to be (From top to bottom)
Fun fact about this - Vikings are said to have ingested this before invading a village as it effects the part of the brain that affects fear.
1st - Yellow Orange Fly agaric (Amanita muscaria var. flavivolvata)
https://naturallycuriouswithmaryholland.wordpress.com/2012/10/16/yellow-orange-fly-agaric-mushroom/
Fun fact about this - Vikings are said to have ingested this before invading a village as it effects the part of the brain that affects fear.
2nd - Well, I haven't been able to find this one! 
Anyone else know?

JB

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.