You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2016 4:19 pm  #1

A BIG THANK YOU to park staff and a complete stranger!!!!

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to share an algonquin adventure that my family had back on August 5, 2016 at approximately 3:15 pm. To make a long story short, one of my trailer wheels fell off and we were disabled 50 meters from the entrance to Arowhon Rd, travelling eastbound. I managed to pull over to the side of the road (uphill). [Those who travel that road will know that that stretch of the road is on a curve and going uphill.]

Upon minutes of the incident, a passerby stopped his truck - he was wearing a blue t-shirt with some saying about "40 years old" and started directing traffic while I accessed what happened.

En route to Huntsville for some repair items, I dropped into the West Gate office to notify Park staff that there was a trailer parked on the side of HWY 60 near Arowhon Rd. I just want to let Park people know about the trailer just in case the Wardens were wondering what this trailer was doing there. The staff member told me to check in when I returned from Huntsville and they would get some people there to assist.

Arriving at my trailer along the side of the road, a Park Warden and Park Staff arrived almost at the same time as I did. Immediately, both personnel got their "Stop-Slow" Signs out and started to direct traffic around the trailer by using the lane furthest from me, while I repaired and remounted my trailer wheel.

We continued with our planned trip after about 2 hours from the start of the incident. I did, later on that week met up with the person that was wearing the blue t-shirt (he wasn't wearing it at the time...But, my wife noticed him as he come down to the beach with his kids.) I shook his hand and THANKED him for stopping to help with traffic. (for the most part, most of the cars obeyed the person in the blue shirt)

The reason I'm posting is to publicly THANK the person in the blue shirt, the Park Warden and Park Staffs, from the West Gate and the road side assistance truck, for helping out that day. I know that some park staff visit this site and I just want to let them know it was much appreciated what they did that day and to share with others that a complete stranger stopped, got out (put himself in danger, too) and helped!!!

My faith in humanity, was GREATLY renewed that day.
Moe

9/05/2016 6:25 pm  #2

Re: A BIG THANK YOU to park staff and a complete stranger!!!!

There are some good ones out there.

9/05/2016 7:57 pm  #3

Nice!

9/06/2016 8:09 am  #4

Nice story to start the day! Thanks for sharing Steve.

I'm just gone Fishin!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.