You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/17/2016 11:44 am  #18

Re: BUGS

Any updates this time of year? The last time I went was in June (can't remember if it was last year or the year before) and my back was one big mosquito bite.

I'm bringing a spare nylon shirt this time, which I didn't have last time. Of course I've got a head net as well and spray.

I'll be on the western trail over the long weekend. I assume the bug situation will be a little better in late July . . .  

7/17/2016 7:38 pm  #19

I was in the park between July 1 and 7. I'd say the bugs were at their usual for early July; skeeters in the woods and flies on the rivers, no black flies. Never used my head net, but sprayed 2-3 times a day when portaging. All campsites were totally bug-free till sunset.

Last edited by EddyTurn (7/17/2016 7:39 pm)

8/02/2016 7:17 pm  #20

I was at Islet on July 30 and Brown July 31st. Didn't experience many bugs the first day, just a few deer flies along rain lake on the way to islet. The next day further south on the loop to Brown the mosquitoes were out, I've experienced worse but I wound up changing into a nylon shirt and wore a buff around my neck. Didn't spray the first day spread the second and third. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.