You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/06/2016 10:35 am  #18

Re: July 9-Day Loop from Magnetawan

I've booked the trip!

Friday - Hambone
Saturday - Misty (via the Petawawa)
Sunday - White Trout
Monday - Big Trout
Tuesday - McIntosh
Wednesday - Misty
Thursday - Moccasin
Friday - Casey('s)
Saturday - Daisy

Some long days, some short days. Looking forward to exploring the area and thank everyone for their feedback!

www.wabooseadventures.com 

Photographer | Blogger | Outdoors Woman | Canoeing | Camping | Hiking | Connecting with Nature | Landscape, Nature, and Wildlife Photography

7/12/2016 1:50 pm  #19

About to embark on this route in a few days. For anyone who has done this route in the past few weeks, any advice or FYI's I should know?

Photographer | Blogger | Outdoors Woman | Canoeing | Camping | Hiking | Connecting with Nature | Landscape, Nature, and Wildlife Photography

7/12/2016 5:02 pm  #20

We stayed at the west site on Birch Pt last year for 3 days on Big Trout. It is a lovely site (I, too, have read Esther Keyser's book). You won't be disappointed if you score that site. White Trout has a really nice site just south of the cliffs on the western shore, if you don't mind a bit of a climb.

Have a great trip.

Paula

7/12/2016 5:06 pm  #21

PaddlePartners wrote:

Birch Pt last year for 3 days on Big Trout. It is a lovely site (I, too, have read Esther Keyser's book).

That's what I'm hoping!  

7/12/2016 7:33 pm  #22

I guess I have to say, did you watch my videos on that section of the park over the past couple of months? Lol
You have some short but scenic days, which will be wonderful. One note, which you probably know, is the apparent difficulty in finding the main channel and portage up McIntosh Creek. I came down it before the vegetation emerged so it was no problem, but Joe Robinet was turned around for hours.

7/13/2016 9:06 pm  #23

I was on McIntosh a week ago, channel's mostly clear and obvious to follow, plus there are couple of park signs to keep you on track. In summer humid days sun and flies in the marsh could be maddening and early start, say 6-7 am, would be well advised, plus good chance for moose sighting.

7/14/2016 10:55 am  #24

Thanks Shawn. Yes, I did watch your videos and did see Joe Robinet's video.

Good to know then, EddyTurn. We pulled Grassy Bay up on Google Earth to see if it would help with navigation, but it sounds as though maybe plant growth around the signs have been cleared out? We're traveling from Big Trout to McIntosh so we should have enough time if we do end up getting a bit turned around.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.