You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/11/2016 10:41 am  #1

New Recipe: Easy French Onion Soup!

I'm going to keep sharing recipes in hope that others share as well. This one may be easy enough for those that love a fast, one pot meal. 

Easy, Fast French Onion Soup

To do at home: NOTHING!
Serves: 2-4 depending on how hungry people are and how much soup you make.
Note: This is a pretty light meal. I recommend for the end of a lazy day around camp, for lunch or with another side for dinner (e.g. sausage)

To Pack:
* One package Knorr Onion Soup Dry Mix
* Cheese of choice (recommend Baldersons individually packaged white cheddar; 2/person)
* Croutons

At Camp:
1. Make Knorr Onion Soup per directions (we made 1/2 the package for a light dinner for 2). You just need to add water and boil. 
We boiled the soup on the stove for a few minutes and then placed in our Pot Cozy to continue cooking. Saves on fuel. 

2. Cut up cheese and put in bowl or mug with croutons.

3. Pour soup over cheese and croutons. Enjoy!

Last edited by CanoeClaire (7/11/2016 12:24 pm)

7/11/2016 11:39 am  #2

Re: New Recipe: Easy French Onion Soup!

Hmm I may try this on my next adventure.  Sounds delicious! 

I bet this tastes great especially on a rainy day.

7/11/2016 12:23 pm  #3

It is perfect on a cool, rainy day. It's warm and gooey and really tasty. It's also nice for a rainy day because it's so easy. No one wants to make an involved meal when they are cold and wet. 

7/11/2016 1:58 pm  #4

Looks good! During the winter I make french onion soup from scratch. This year, I dehydrated some of the caramelized onions - now I know how to use them!

7/11/2016 2:28 pm  #5

@backatit - We keep meaning to add dehydrated cooked onions to this recipe; we just haven't gotten around to it yet. I think it would be a sure tasty addition. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.