You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/28/2016 7:04 am  #1

Queer or little trout?

Hey all.  Planning a short trip in through access 3 next week and can't decide between staying on little trout or queer,   Looking for a south west facing site with some nice rocks (or one big rock) at the waters edge and good for swimming.   Any suggestions would be much appreciated.   Token I think you were having this same dilemma back in may? What did you end up settling on?
Thanks very much!
Ken

6/28/2016 7:40 pm  #2

Re: Queer or little trout?

Both are fine lakes.  Queer Lake might have a better selection of Western-facing sites.  And may be quieter too. 

6/28/2016 7:45 pm  #3

I only hiked to Queer, but it looked inferior to Little Trout and I've heard that's true.  
Here's my video of Little Trout from a couple of weeks ago. The west end campsites are great and deteriorate in quality as you go east along the north shore.
https://youtu.be/kuezQClo4gs

http://myselfreliance.com/little-trout-lake-algonquin-park-solo-canoe-trip/

6/29/2016 7:39 am  #4

Lots of close-proximity sites on Queer. I'd probably go with little trout on that merit alone. If queer is booked solid, you'll definitely be hearing more than a few groups.

Little Trout is a nice lake and I'd have to agree with Shawn regarding the campsites. Some really great, some total crap that need to be shut down for regeneration.

6/29/2016 7:50 am  #5

Shawn, thanks for that video link.  I have been subscribed to your YouTube Chanel for a while now but had not seen your latest report.  That site you had on little trout looks perfect. It's number 10 on the pci map?

Peek, I'm also not down with close proximity campsites and my wife also prefers the privacy, so thank you for your advice

If I do end up on queer is there a site anyone would recommend as "the best option?"

Ken

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.