You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/30/2015 9:38 am  #1

A few photos from our trip to Kiosk and Club last week

I didn't get too many 'highlight' photos this year. The weather just wasn't very cooperative. Our trip started on Kiosk lake the first night. Weather was beautiful that day. 2nd two nights were on Club Lake at the campsite where the Richie Bros Lumber Mill ruins are. That was pretty cool to see. All kinds of metal parts and crumbling cabins in the woods there. Pretty interesting to see how Mother Nature is reclaiming that area as her own. The last night we were back on Kiosk. 

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” - Dr. Carl Sagan

8/30/2015 4:39 pm  #2

Re: A few photos from our trip to Kiosk and Club last week

Great shots.. I was on Kiosk in late July and your photos show a much lower water level than we had. I have seen photos from others trips where the lake is almost too high to get under the train bridge in a canoe and with no beach at all at the launch near the permit office. Is this natural or is the dam dropped in August? Love the black and white of the old vehicle artifact left at the logging camp.

8/30/2015 7:52 pm  #3

Beeeeauuutiful! Some great shots. I love the shot of the rusted can filled with bottles. How times have changed!

K

"Anyone can make love in a canoe, it's a Canadian who knows enough to take out the centre thwart!        Bahahaha!
                                                                      - Philip Chester

8/31/2015 7:11 am  #4

Thanks guys!

The water level question is an interesting one. I suspect it's a natural phenomenon, but I'm not sure. I know many parts of the park get to low water levels late in the summer. I have no idea if this is a result of that or some kind of manual intervention. Maybe some of the more experienced members here know the answer!

8/31/2015 10:16 am  #5

Not many highlight pics eh? Wow, beautiful....I'd hang just about any one of those pics in my livingroom.

8/31/2015 11:22 am  #6

heh! thanks Treater! I'm used to having the cam out almost all-day, every day, so I felt like my selection was a little smaller this year. I also really like getting shots of the milky-way and stars and that just wasn't in the cards this year!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.