You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/23/2016 8:45 am  #18

Re: Recommendation for a First-Time Solo Trip

I'd recommend any route starting at Rock Lake. Spend your first day getting to the outfitter, renting the canoe, getting it off the car, etc, paddling around on a lake where cottagers will spot you if you capsize. Also a good public beach where you can take Lotek's advice and purposely capsize and do a self rescue. The lake is also big enough that you can play in the wind a bit, (near the pictographs and moving it can get windy and choppy), and then settle in for the night. Long days? Go to Pen Welcome Harry Louisa Rock. Not so ambitious? Gallery Pen Clydegale Pen Rock. All not too far from civilization, but far enough to feel you did a great interior route.

6/23/2016 9:58 am  #19

Re: Recommendation for a First-Time Solo Trip

Methye wrote:

I'd recommend any route starting at Rock Lake. Go to Pen Welcome Harry Louisa Rock. Not so ambitious? Gallery Pen Clydegale Pen Rock. All not too far from civilization, but far enough to feel you did a great interior route.

Rock Lake is really sticking out at me. I think this route is a definite contender. Thanks for the advice, Methye.

www.wabooseadventures.com 

Photographer | Blogger | Outdoors Woman | Canoeing | Camping | Hiking | Connecting with Nature | Landscape, Nature, and Wildlife Photography

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.