You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/09/2016 10:34 pm  #1

First Solo Trip

Just booked 3 nights on Islet for my first solo trip. Keeping it short and within reasonable proximity to the access point with still allowing  myself some solitude. I want to throw up. LOL!

6/09/2016 11:00 pm  #2

Re: First Solo Trip

Nice! You might feel like throwing up while you're out there too. It'll pass. And you'll want to do it again. Solo I mean, not throwing up. Haha.

6/09/2016 11:39 pm  #3

Liquor is a great cure for anxiety so pack some lol
I like to bring a book and crawl into my tent before it gets dark and read. I usually only last about 20 min and then I pass out. It does get better the more you solo!

K

"Anyone can make love in a canoe, it's a Canadian who knows enough to take out the centre thwart!        Bahahaha!
                                                                      - Philip Chester

6/10/2016 5:49 am  #4

Haha! Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to get away from it all. Should be good for the soul. Always wanted to try it but never had the nerve. Not sure what makes me think I do now but time will tell.

6/10/2016 6:07 am  #5

Hey Shayne,
The statement 'good for the soul' really resonates. I did my first solo trip (hiking) during a really stressful time and really valued how much the experience allowed me to decompress and think without human distraction. I've done it several times now with each time feeling more comfortable and I wish you all the same. 
Enjoy!
Rich

6/10/2016 10:46 am  #6

"I want to throw up. LOL!"  Ha! I feel the same way. I'm heading in for my first solo next Thursday. Just me and a zillion bugs. Good luck!

6/10/2016 10:53 am  #7

As much as I sound like I'm cringing in fear out there, I actually find it the most empowering thing I've ever done - but I've also done some cringing lol

Hope to hear a report on your adventure ☺️
K

"Anyone can make love in a canoe, it's a Canadian who knows enough to take out the centre thwart!        Bahahaha!
                                                                      - Philip Chester

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.