You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/26/2015 11:00 am  #1

Thermarest NeoAir All Season

I just picked up a Thermarest NeoAir All Season pad from Taiga Works (I won a $150 gift card .  Anyone have any experience with this pad?  I figure I could always use another 4 season pad (I currently use a Thermarest Mondoking for my winter trips and a SUPER old Thermarest for my hammock the rest of the time).  Now when I bring my 8 year old on winter trips we can both have proper winter pads

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/Therm-A-Rest/Mattresses/Trek-And-Travel/NeoAir-All-Season/product

8/26/2015 11:21 am  #2

Re: Thermarest NeoAir All Season

Hey Steve,
I've been using one since spring 2014 and I'm happy with it.  BUT, I've noticed recently that it's starting to lose air overnight, not quite to the point of laying on the ground by morning, but I'm not sure how long that's going to reman true.  I can't find anything causing it so I assume its the valve.

http://myselfreliance.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/sleep-system.jpg

8/26/2015 11:25 am  #3

Thanks Shawn.  Any idea what the warranty is like with Thermarest?  Are they a decent company to work with for warranty work?

8/26/2015 11:35 am  #4

Actually, I haven't looked into it yet, but the service centre is in Washington and takes 4-6 weeks for repair, so I'm not sure I'll bother going that route.  I bought it at MEC and they are very good about returns, for any reason, so I'll probably try them first.

"Your mattress is guaranteed without time limit against defects in materials and workmanship. Return shipping charges for the repaired mattress are covered. • Should the mattress be found defective under this warranty, Cascade Designs, at its option, will repair or replace the mattress. Mattresses older than two years from the date of manufacture may be replaced with a cosmetically irregular mattress. • "

I've heard of others buying a repair kit for the valve so maybe Thermarest will send me one if I ask.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Other than that, the pad is as comfortable as any and if you can stay on the thing all night without sliding off, it provides good insulation from the cold ground, especially if you add a ground sheet under it to control moisture.  My bivy mostly controls the sliding issue.

8/26/2015 11:48 am  #5

Ya MEC has a fantastic return policy eh?  Kind of like Costco....never any questions or hard times about returns.  I'm so leary of the inflatible pads for winter use as at some time they will all leak, but they are so comfy when they work!

Thanks again for your insight!

8/27/2015 5:09 am  #6

I have the neoair all season.  I opted for the large version because I roll a lot at night. The mini pump is not the fastest thing in the world. The large is quite big in size.  The neoair pads do make some noise when you move around. You need to play around with the amount of air you prefer in the pad.  I've slept out in the snow with mine and it works good.  I use a down quilt and a liner with mine.  The warranty is supposed to be a limited lifetime. Thermarest is a cascade design company and which also makes MSR products

8/27/2015 8:36 am  #7

Thanks Russ, I've heard about the noise issue but I've also heard it goes away with time and use (or maybe you just get used to it ;)   Regardless, I can live with a bit of mattress noise

8/28/2015 9:27 pm  #8

I just bought one and slept on it for the first time last week at Pukaskwa Natl. Park. Like Russ, I bought the largest one available, and am quite happy with it so far. Looking forward to putting it through its paces when the nights get colder. I'll update in this thread at the end of October.

8/28/2015 10:49 pm  #9

Bought mine last year and have used it numerous times and really enjoyed it on the coastal trail in Pukaskwa Nationa park.

Have had a leak or two but readily patched and as far as noise goes it is usually my tent mates that complain!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.