You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/25/2016 3:34 pm  #1

low maintenance sites

Does anyone have any pictures or experience with the site on Papukeewis lake?  Was looking to stay on Tim lake on my last night but it's booked!

4/25/2016 4:35 pm  #2

Re: low maintenance sites

Hey Occcanuck.  I was through that way in 2012.  I looked through my photos but I didn't take any of the site.  I do recall that none of the sites through that area were anything spectacular.  The FOAP map and Jeff's map show the sites in different spots.  If memory my memory is correct I think the site is actually at the start of the portage to Mama Lake.  I just remember it being extremely poor, grassy and wet. I'll double check on the sites location unless someone else out there can confirm the actual location of it.

Cheers.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

4/26/2016 8:27 pm  #3

Thanks for the info.  May have to find another route.

4/27/2016 12:26 am  #4

Yes, my map is wrong here. It is indeed at the start of the portage to Mama L. I'd GPSed the correct site but later on I got the impression that it'd been moved. That's not the case.

Anyhow, as Tripper says it isn't too great.

The error will be fixed on the next version of the map

I make paddling maps! – MapsByJeff.com

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.