You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2016 3:47 am  #18

Re: Where in Algonquin #57

RobW wrote:

Not Bonnechere (I missed that one this morning) or Ragged Lake. You're in the right area though. 

On a side note, how's the fishing in Bonnechere? I'm planning on heading into Big Porcupine in a few weeks and figured Bonnechere would make a good day trip from there. 

When are you going? I'll be going through Bonnechere, Big Porc and Ragged on the 2nd and 3rd.
I'll guess Kenneth.

4/21/2016 6:33 am  #19

An old colleague of mine use to do his annual spring fishing trip to Bonnechere and always had good luck.

I'll guess Phipps?

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

4/21/2016 8:17 am  #20

Your getting a bit further away from the fire.

We're looking at May 12-15 for our spring trip. Can't go the weekend of the 30th since I have to move one of the kids back to school and had another conflict the first weekend of May.

4/21/2016 9:33 am  #21

Little Coon?

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

4/21/2016 3:02 pm  #22

Hilliard?

4/21/2016 3:28 pm  #23

Hilliard is closer than Little Coon but I'm a bit surprised that the last hint didn't give it away. 

4/21/2016 3:46 pm  #24

Smoke lake?

4/22/2016 8:09 am  #25

dbeaureg finally got it. :-)

The picture is from the start of the portage from Smoke to Ragged. A couple years ago when there was a really late ice out and I couldn't push out our spring fishing trip any further, the boys and I combined fishing at the cottage with a day trip through Algonquin on the way home. 

http://www.loonislandoutdoors.com/TripReports/DayTrips/AlgonquinMay2014/LookoutTrailandSmokeLake.php

4/22/2016 8:24 am  #26

I have to admit… the clue helped!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.