You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2016 9:14 am  #1

Smoke / Louisa 5-Day solo

I carved out this loop purely based on the number of nights i have available.  Does anyone have any experience in this area?  Any attractions?  Fishing?  Cautions?

In Smoke Lake Monday July 4   

Smoke - Ragged - [#1 Big Porcupine]

Little Coon - Whatnot - McGarvey -
North Grace - [#2 Lake Louisa]

Rod & Gun - Lawrence -
Harness - [#3 Head Lake]       

Head Cr - Madawaska R - Cache -
Tanamacoon - [#4 Little Island Lake]

Out at Smoke Lake Friday July 8

4/10/2016 9:28 am  #2

Re: Smoke / Louisa 5-Day solo

Nice loop.  Good sites on Big Porcupine.  North Grace is a beautiful lake with some nice sites.  Portage from there to Louisa is good and downhill.  On Louisa I love the site just above the 'a' in Louisa on Jeff's Map.  Northern most site on the east shore of Harness is good.  Water levels and current won't be an issue on Head Cr. or Madawaska if heading upstream.

Here's the site on Louisa I love.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

4/10/2016 9:29 am  #3

Now THAT'S my kind of site.  I love those open rocky shores.

4/10/2016 11:39 am  #4

Check out the PCI section for sites on Big Porcupine.  There are some really nice ones on that lake.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.