You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2016 6:55 pm  #1

Access point 10

Hi everyone ,

I was looking for an easy access point  for my wife and I to take our toddler on her first canoe trip. Access point 10 seemed like a good fit as we didn't want to tackle any portages on this first  trip.   We have been to the park a ton doing hiking and canoe routes but never with our daughter.  Is access point 10 at fork lake a decent choice.   Thanks in advance , Dan

4/02/2016 3:18 pm  #2

Re: Access point 10

Last fall the access point was still closed to canoeing as there was work being done to the culvert.
I've heard that the connection between Norway and Fork can be very muddy in low water.
Unless someone knows for sure, I would check with permit office to find out if access point is open.

4/04/2016 8:16 am  #3

The work on the culvert is done and the access point is back open.  The parking for the access point is at the Spruce Bog Trail but you have to park on the side of the highway to load and unload your gear.  Sunday Creek does get low in the summer, especially in August.

Two other options with no portages would be Cache Lake going into Tanamakoon or Rock Lake.  Down side is there are boats, cottages and a camp so it would be busy and noisy.  

Sunday Lake would be a good option.  Just a short walk down to the lake.  Access A43 on Jeff's Map.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

4/04/2016 8:34 am  #4

Paddle in site on cannisbay  might be good. Access 34 I think. Or if you can convince them for 1 portage the lone site on Bruce is decent from access 7 on source lake. Nice seclusion in one portage. Have taken my kids in there  . Was worth the 1/2km portage to feel away from it all.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.