You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2016 7:48 pm  #1

Magnetawan to Big Trout

Was wondering if anyone has done this in one day and if so how many hours it took?

3/31/2016 8:09 pm  #2

Re: Magnetawan to Big Trout

Most people would call that a two day paddle. Jeff's map estimates it as about 11 hours of travel, and he assumes a reasonably brisk pace, single-trip portages and no breaks. Could be less time if you have a more speedy setup like a kayak or some sort of racing canoe, of course. Don't know if anyone on the forum has done it in one day, but I wouldn't recommend it in a normal tripping canoe. Possible perhaps, but fun?

3/31/2016 9:04 pm  #3

I did from Canoe to Big Trout in 11 hours, I won't be doing it from Magnetawan, even single-carry. Too many portages in too many hours.

4/01/2016 5:18 am  #4

I'm doing that on my first day, but stopping for the night on White Trout after 9 hours.  The problem is, the first day starts later because you have to pick up your permit in Kearney and then drive to the access point.

4/02/2016 5:25 am  #5

Thanks for the replies.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.