You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/13/2015 4:06 pm  #1

My favourite AP meal

8/14/2015 8:13 pm  #2

Re: My favourite AP meal

Looks delicious!

8/23/2015 7:45 pm  #3

Looks good.  Starting to utilize Lou's boil in a bag meats for a quick sandwich.  Kind of reminds me of the old Magic Pantry days. 

8/23/2015 9:16 pm  #4

this one has to rate as one of my all time favorite meals. I was wind bound on Whitewater Lake sitting staying somewhat dry under the tarp when about 8:30PM the camp attendant from a lodge on the lake showed up with this.
Yes a home made turkey dinner with all the fixings and gravy. His Wife thought I should have a good meal and sent Hubby out in in the rain to deliver it.

One of my new staples for lunch is Curried Sweet Potato Carrot Soup from Laurie Ann March. I beleive it is from her first book.
Dehydrates down to nothing and add boiling water and let sit for 5 minutes or so and enjoy.
Eat straight form the pot and a quick rince of the pot and spoon and back on the water.

Last edited by Rob H (8/23/2015 9:19 pm)

8/24/2015 10:21 am  #5

Rob I bet you never expected to be enjoying a turkey dinner up in the Wab eh? Icing on the cake (literally, cause I see some cake too). Bet you slept like a champ that night huh?

8/24/2015 10:25 am  #6

That soup looks awesome.

Where can I find the recipe? Online or in a book?

8/24/2015 11:16 pm  #7

Peek, Ya never saw the turkey dinner coming but did I ever enjoy it. He also dropped off a can of ice cold coke to wash it down.
Claire I stand corected, the recepie was from Laurie but not from one of her books. the credit actually goes to one of her friends.

1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 medium sized onions, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 litres beef or vegetable stock
2 medium to large sized sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 pounds carrots, chopped
2 teaspooons medium curry powder
salt and pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté onions until they start to become translucent and soft. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute longer, being careful not to brown it. Add the stock, sweet potatoes, carrots, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Turn the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil then reduce the heat to low. Simmer until the vegetables are fully cooked. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.Optional: garnish with your choice of goat cheese, sour cream, crème fraîche, or Greek yogurt. Top with a little fresh cilantro.Vegan option: use veggie stock and skip the optional dairy suggestion.
https://craveable.wordpress.com/2014/07/27/soups-on-again/
After blending (A food precessor also works if you do not have an immersion blender)  I return it to the stove and cook it down a little more to make it easier to dehydrate.
Enjoy.

Last edited by Rob H (8/24/2015 11:19 pm)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.