You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2016 7:40 pm  #1

South of 60 low maintenance route?

Last summer we ventured to the lone site on Victory Lake south of Park lake and checked out Snow lake as well. Has anyone been on this route heading east from there toward Hilly lake and can speak to the quality and condition of the Hilly Lake campsite. Possibly interested in heading this way as part of a loop this coming summer. We really enjoyed leaving right from the AO dock at Oxtongue lake last August. The Oxtongue river was better then I had remembered it from 15 yrs prior.

3/03/2016 8:02 pm  #2

Re: South of 60 low maintenance route?

Stayed on Hilly way back in Sept 2011. Not a bad site - very very large and open area, but sheltered from the lake with two landings for the campsite. No benches at that time. If you want more info, can send you a pic or two. 

3/03/2016 8:22 pm  #3

Re: South of 60 low maintenance route?

Sounds positive.  Dated but positive. Always up for the adventure. Any pics would be great. I always assume the worst on low maintenance  route but I'm usually surprised at how good they actually are all things considered.  I'm guessing being in such close proximatey  to hwy 60 that it might get more use then one would think.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.