You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/09/2016 8:44 am  #1

McIntosh Lake Non-Island Campsites...

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the non island campsites on McIntosh. Thinking of a trip through there this year and most info is about (some of) the island sites. I have read the one PCI entry about the northern point site, but wondering about some of the others. If anyone has any info they can share, primarily size and levelness of site, that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Moonman.

2/09/2016 3:11 pm  #2

Re: McIntosh Lake Non-Island Campsites...

Hey Moonman.  I last stayed on McIntosh in 2013 on site 15 according to the PCI map.  it's a big site with some nice sloping rocks, great for swimming and jumping off of.  I've attached some pics.

www.algonquinvoyageur.blogspot.ca
'...a man is part of his canoe and therefore part of all it knows. The instant he dips a paddle he flows as it flows.’ Sigurd Olson

2/09/2016 9:59 pm  #3

Hey Tripper thanks. That looks like a great site. I think for our trip though, we would be best to pick a site on the west or north sides, as we are going early season, so maybe could use a bit more protection from winds and potential rain. I think your site would be perfect in the summer, nice sunsets as well.

Thanks again,

Moonman.

2/13/2016 6:06 pm  #4

I've stayed on the west side at the site labelled #21 on the PCI list. It would offer some protection from wind and rain. 
It goes back a ways. The front part of the site near the firepit is quite level and large enough for several tents. I hung my hammock further back.
There is a brand new (2014) thunderbox there, too, a bit close to the site, but hey.
Flat area where the white food bag is...

Another flat area for a tent under where I hung my hammock...

Last edited by Methye (2/13/2016 6:38 pm)

2/13/2016 8:12 pm  #5

I spent 2 night on McIntosh last year - 1 near Ink - I think the 3rd site up the shoreline and 1 night near the entry to the creek. The first site was protected - which was good since I was getting cold when I got off the water - the second site had a great sunning rock. My impression was a number of nice sites on the lake.

2/17/2016 10:18 am  #6

Thanks Methye and Christine, just the kind of info I was looking for.

Best regards,

Moonman.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.