You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/13/2016 5:14 pm  #1

One night solo cold camping trip to Ramona Lake, Western Uplands

I was able to sneak away from my family for a couple of days this week, just before the really cold weather set in.  It was -24C, -29C at night, but warmed up to -11C yesterday before the deep freeze hit last night.  It was very peaceful - clear dark sky, with no tent to disrupt my upward view.  It warmed up in the middle of the night, and I had to sleep with my head outside of the bad to cool off.  Until I woke up with a head full of snow that is.
http://myselfreliance.com/winter-backpacking-the-western-uplands-trail-to-ramona-lake/

2/13/2016 11:52 pm  #2

Re: One night solo cold camping trip to Ramona Lake, Western Uplands

Awesome stuff!  Are those the MEC Expedition Booties in that pic?

2/14/2016 6:47 am  #3

Steve E wrote:

Awesome stuff!  Are those the MEC Expedition Booties in that pic?

Yes they are - quite useful I find.

2/14/2016 8:27 am  #4

Your videos and reports always feel so calming and relaxing.  Kinda like I just finished the trip and I'm ready to go back and face the more stressful side of life. Thanks for sharing!

2/14/2016 8:03 pm  #5

Great trip report, thanks for posting it. Nothing like the peace and quiet of being solo but quite the adventure in the winter.

3/01/2016 7:18 pm  #6

Thanks guys. I just got back from a three day camping trip in Killarney, hiking to the top of Silver Peak, but I think I'm done and ready for canoe tripping.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.