You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/07/2016 9:45 pm  #1

Paddling Adventures Radio

A few years ago, The Outdoor Journal (with Angelo Viola), a radio show that discusses the outdoors and sports such as fishing and hunting, etc, approached Barry.  They were looking to have someone come on the show and talk about the Algonquin Backcountry Recreationalists (ABR). Well, I was elected and apparently I did a fine job.  About a year ago, Reno Viola Outdoors (WRVO ~ an internet radio station) contacted Barry and said they were looking to expand their programming from just hunting and fishing and thought a show about paddle sports would be great. My name came up as a good candidate because it seemed I was comfortable talking on the radio.

Well, after some back and forth and lots of meetings, discussions and research, I am happy to say that Wednesday February 17 at 6am and 6pm, Paddling Adventures Radio hits the internet airwaves.

Paddling Adventures Radio will discuss canoes and canoe tripping, kayaking, and touch on other paddle sports such as stand up paddle boarding (SUP).  We will be doing interviews, gear reviews, talk about paddling destinations, and relay events that may be of interest to the paddling community.

My co-host Derek Specht (you may know him here as DogByte) and I are new to the radio thing so it may take us some time to get the hang of it. There will be some hiccups along the way I am sure, but eventually we will figure it all out and we hope you will tune in and listen

The show will be an hour long every Wednesday, starting February 17. It will air at 6am and repeat at 6pm.

We will also have a place where you can download episodes at a later date so you will have a chance to listen to past episodes you enjoyed or ones you may have missed. This will also allow you to listen to episodes at your own leisure as not everyone has time to sit down at 6am or 6pm and listen.

To listen to the show, just click the link to Reno Viola Outdoors at the appropriate time and listen.  The station plays automatically from the main page. There are a wide range of shows that are on WRVO, so go check it out.

www.renoviolaoutdoors.com

If you want to see more from Paddling Adventures Radio, check out our Facebook page.  We will be putting up links to the topics we discuss on the show as well as other interesting articles.

www.facebook.com/PaddlingAdventuresRadio

So, with all that being said, I hope you will give us a listen on the 17th and Derek and I both look forward to making this project a success.

Thanks!

Sean Rowley & Derek Specht

SeanOfAjax
www.paddlingadventuresradio.com
"Grab a paddle and get on the water"

2/08/2016 6:13 am  #2

Re: Paddling Adventures Radio

That's cool Sean, congratulations. 
I was a regular on the Outdoor Journal for six months a few years ago and really enjoyed working with Angelo and the boys. Reno and his program are equally professional and enjoyable.  I'm looking forward to listening in.

2/08/2016 10:36 am  #3

All the best wishes for your program launch Sean. And Derek is your co-host! You guys will be a dynamic duo for sure. I'll be listening!

2/16/2016 7:34 pm  #4

Just a reminder that the show will be tomorrow February 17 ,, airing at 6am and repeating at 6pm.

To listen to the show, just click the link to Reno Viola Outdoors at the appropriate time and listen. 

The station plays automatically from the main page ... http://www.renoviolaoutdoors.com

2/17/2016 10:52 am  #5

Well, show #1 is in the books.  Replay tonight at 6pm.  Thanks for the support everyone!!  Now on to show #2...

Sean

SeanOfAjax

1/22/2017 11:10 pm  #6

Well, we have been doing this show for almost a year now and have received a lot of support and encouragement. With 49 episodes done, we have made the jump to iTunes as a Podcast. I know cabin fever season will soon be upon us, so here is a link to the podcast on iTunes. While there tends to be a lot of Algonquin mentions and content, you may want to check out Episodes 29, 30 & 31.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/paddling-adventures-radio/id1195459962?mt=2&ls=1

SeanOfAjax

1/23/2017 9:03 am  #7

I love a good podcast! I'm really excited to check this out.

2/15/2017 9:06 am  #8

Just gave the first two episodes a listen while at my desk yesterday Sean - good stuff - I'll be working my way through them.

2/15/2017 9:33 am  #9

Well, there should be enough there to hopefully keep the cabin fever at bay till spring and then you can get out there and do some paddling of your own. 
Enjoy!!

Sean

SeanOfAjax

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.