You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/12/2016 1:52 pm  #1

Cold winter camping (hot tent) trip report

I spent some time through the holiday slowdown to finish up a trip report from last years hot tenting trip to Algonquin Park. It was an extremely cold few days, but a good time was had by all.

If interested you can read it here - 
http://www.smedleyco.com/Algonquin-Park/Trip-Logs/Winter-Camping-02122015/Winter-Camping-02122015.aspx

1/12/2016 6:22 pm  #2

Re: Cold winter camping (hot tent) trip report

Cool..., well, cold. Same again this year?

1/12/2016 9:05 pm  #3

That's a fantastic trip report!  Love the pics and the narrative.  Do you find the liner for that Arctic Bell tent helps keep the heat in?  I have the same tent but don't have the liner and have always wondered if they make that much of a difference?

1/12/2016 9:42 pm  #4

Damn that was a cold weekend!!!

Nice write up Scott. Kinda makes me want to do it again. Your point about my tinfoil stove, "It seemed to work fine but I personally would have doubts trusting it in a raging blizzard!" Well Holy Hell it was -35c and worked fine! What more do you want! Just kidding you make a good point it is a bit (lot?) fiddly

Hmmm.., " yes honey, I know it's family day, uh huh, yup valentines day too... Soo I was thinking of going camping with the guys..."

I gotta find a better way to sell this.

1/13/2016 10:55 am  #5

You got to work on your salesmanship Martin. Hahaha!

I don't remember Valentine's falling on the hot tent tripping weekend, usually Family Day weekend, before. Last year and now this year again. Oh well, you've got a month of treating her right to get her to agree.

Steve - It's Markus's tent and always had the liner so I have nothing to compare it too. Overall I'd say it doesn't seem to take long to cool off if the stove goes out!

1/13/2016 2:28 pm  #6

Great trip report.  Those were some cold temps on your trip.  Pictures were great too.  Thanks for posting!

1/19/2016 6:36 am  #7

Nice trip smeds.. Wish I could've joined you guys again this year

Lol, remember this from our last trip? http://www.network54.com/Forum/352882/thread/1361295606

1/19/2016 8:59 am  #8

Hahaha. Extra protein.
As you like to say, Good times!

I thought you would have linked to this:

1/19/2016 10:20 am  #9

Ah yes.. the day I broke my ass in Algonquin. How could I forget.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.