You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/19/2015 4:20 pm  #1

TOURduPARK.com Site-Wide Photo Update

Hey all!

I’ve recently made some major changes with the way photos are displayed on TOURduPARK.com.

All 70 ruins pages and 18 cabin pages have had 20% - 40% more photos added.

Besides more photos, what’s else is new?

Previously on the cabins and ruins pages, the photos were embedded in the page, and were less than 500 pixels wide with no option to view a larger version.

Today, I am happy to announce all 70 ruins pages and all 18 cabin pages now feature fully interactive photos. Some of the ruins have many more photos than before (such as: Kish-Kaduk Lodge, The POW Camp on South River, The Lumber Camp on Club Lake and many more). You can click any image for a much larger, higher definition image. In addition to this, I have also added maps to each ruin and cabin location, to allow the viewer to instantly know where the cabin or ruin is, without having to copy and paste the coordinates.

On to the photo albums!

Every photo album has been updated, again with 20% - 40% more photos. All photos now have identification information tagged on them, such as location or other details. Here are examples of two of the five albums:

Scenic Algonquin Park:

Food of Algonquin Park:

I’ve also added a new photo album:

Cliffs of Algonquin Park:

Overall, this update involved nearly 300 new images being added to the website – in better resolution than ever before!

I hope you enjoy the new photos and enhanced abilities within the website. 

Stay tuned for more weekly updates, such as:

-    New Ruin Added! The Power House, Windermere Creek. This one is really cool! The power house was an old structure butted right up against a larger waterfall and used said falls to generate electricity. The area is in total ruin now, however much of the electricity generating equipment and the structure can still be found there. Coming August 21st, 2015

-    New Photo Album! The Logging Museum

-    New Ruin Added! Foundations on the Nipissing River

-    New Ruin Added! Lumber Building Ruins on the Nipissing River

-    New Ruin Added! Cabin Ruins on Gouinlock Portage

-    New Ruin Added! Cabin Foundation on Little Cauchon Lake

That’s all for now.

Happy Paddling!

Last edited by Peek (8/20/2015 6:54 am)

8/20/2015 7:22 pm  #2

Re: TOURduPARK.com Site-Wide Photo Update

Great job Brandon! Your site continues to be an important resource for Algonquin ruins and history.

-Matt

8/21/2015 8:29 am  #3

Re: TOURduPARK.com Site-Wide Photo Update

Thanks Matt! Historic preservation has always been the promary goal - that and showing people what's out there to be found, if they have the extra time to look!There is another update c​oming out later today. A new ruin, not mentioned on any other map, in any book, and likely not known by very many, if any, people. The Power House on Windermere Creek! It's awesome.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.