You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/04/2016 8:45 pm  #1

New 'Sell and Swap' Subforum

Shayne74 has asked if we can have a 'Classified Section'. So, on a trial basis I've created this subforum in the 'Equipment Forum'.

If we can just keep it non-commercial .. that means only one single item at a time per thread-topic, in which photo(s), and follow-up clarification descriptions can be posted .. and using only Private Messages and email to conduct actual negotiations and pickup-payment arrangements.

And I think it would be appropriate to post when an item has been sold so as to give me the nod to delete the affected thread-topic after a few days, thereby keeping the postings up-to-date and the subforum uncluttered.

1/04/2016 11:48 pm  #2

Re: New 'Sell and Swap' Subforum

Awesome Barry.  Hope it works out. Nice to have another source of perusal. Thanks.

1/05/2016 12:11 am  #3

BarryB wrote:

...If we can just keep it non-commercial .. that means only one single item at a time per thread-topic...

I think more than one item should be allowed. I expect it will be common place to have several items you may want to part with after a gear closet cleansing. The non-commercial aspect is easily achieved by restricting the right to established members.

Dave

Dave

1/05/2016 8:00 am  #4

"only one single item at a time per thread-topic" clarifying that to mean that each thread-topic will be exclusive to an individual item .. along with any related details or clarification, notification of the eventual sale of that item and the resulting deletion of its thread-topic.

To facilitate the "gear closet cleansing" senario, I'm thinking a limit of a half dozen active "item-thread-topics" by the same forum member, would be a fair limit.

If a retailer or commercial operator is found to be using the Sell and Swap subforum, his/her postings in it will be deleted and his/her forum membership possibly cancelled. The only exception would be if a paying advertiser of the forum wished to post an item discounted for forum members, they're expected to start the posting's subject line with "Sponsor Special".

1/05/2016 5:45 pm  #5

I like this idea!

1/05/2016 6:12 pm  #6

Yeah!

1/05/2016 6:32 pm  #7

Last edited by swedish pimple (1/06/2016 10:17 am)

1/05/2016 8:32 pm  #8

Swede; how much for the 2hp?

1/05/2016 9:04 pm  #9

swedish pimple wrote:

...still in box single burner coleman...

Do tell!

Dave

1/05/2016 9:36 pm  #10

Great idea and would be nice if you could get everyone to post an asking price with each article they are trying to sell.

1/05/2016 9:42 pm  #11

fishquest wrote:

Great idea and would be nice if you could get everyone to post an asking price with each article they are trying to sell.

And the location of the item.  That would let people know whether it's going to cost a lot to ship, whether it's a quick trip for pick-up, etc.

Barbara

Take everything as it comes; the wave passes, deal with the next one.

Tom Thomson, 1877-1917

1/05/2016 9:59 pm  #12

So "Swedish", if you have an actual list(s), please start a fresh thread-topic for each item with full description. And photo(s) would be good. Thanks.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.