You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2015 10:04 pm  #18

Re: "To Hot Tent or Not To Hot Tent...That is the question...."

That's a really good point, can't believe I didn't think of that lol...Wonder if I could run a ridge line from the very peak of the hot tent out in the same direction (towards the front).  That way the tarp wouldn't be angled back down towards the tent itself.  Thanks for the tip Splakin

12/09/2015 4:46 am  #19

What day are you leaving for the park? I will be leaving tomorrow (Thursday) for my camping trip. I have no idea where I am going yet, I'm going to make a last minute decision tomorrow based on the weather. I will either be staying at Mew Lake, I might canoe into a lake along the highway, or if the weather is better for a different area I might be in Kawartha or Killarney. Chances are I will be along highway 60 though. I just bought a Canon SL1 DSLR camera and could use some pointers if you spot me somewhere. ;-) I'll be in a brown Hyundai hatchback with a yellow/white swift prospector on top.

12/09/2015 8:00 am  #20

Hey Token how long are you going for?  I see from your other post you were asking about an overnighter, is that still the case?  I'm going up for 7 days and I don't have a clue where I'm going to end up.  Not going to be able to sled my stuff in so I'll be lugging it by hand so I won't be too far from wherever I end up parking.  My plan is to show up, explore a bit and find a spot and then call into the gate to obtain my permit number and tell them where I am.  I'll certainly keep an eye open for you!

12/09/2015 2:26 pm  #21

I am leaving tomorrow afternoon (will arrive in the park around 5PM). Departing Saturday afternoon.

There is a good possibility I will end up in Mew Lake tomorrow night for since I will arrive after dark.. Do I just find a site and goto the East Gate to pay the next day?

Last edited by token (12/09/2015 2:28 pm)

12/09/2015 3:39 pm  #22

Theres a self serve station right at Mew with a Visa machine that hasn't worked in 10 years lol.  But if you have exact change they have envelopes there.  If you are getting there after dark I don't assume theyd mind if you paid the next morning. Or you could call before 4pm and get a reservation number over the phone and put that on your dashboard.  For the past couple of years the campground host and hostess have been pretty diligent about coming around and checking to see if you have your permits

12/10/2015 12:57 am  #23

" Not going to be able to sled my stuff in so I'll be lugging it by hand"

Does this mean that you can now add Backpacker to the resume?

12/10/2015 7:01 am  #24

Lol I guess so!  Not sure if they sell a backpack big enough for all my stuff....maybe a pack mule?

12/10/2015 4:32 pm  #25

Change in plans Steve! Had to stay late at work today so I won't be departing North Bay until tomorrow early in the morning. I'm honestly unsure as to where I will be going now because for the two days I will be gone the weather is looking better in Killarney rather than Algonquin. I reckon the picture taking might be better over there as well, but we'll see as Algonquin holds a special place in my heart.  When will you be arriving in the park?

Last edited by token (12/10/2015 4:33 pm)

12/11/2015 8:20 am  #26

I hear ya I've been watching the weather like crazy.  But in all honesty I never let a forecast sway my plans.  As I'm sure you can attest to, weather can change in a heartbeat and it can be raining one km away and snowing where you are.  I'm heading up first thing Saturday morning.  Short days so I plan on getting a pretty early start.  I'll still keep my eyes open for you in case you do end up in Algonquin!

12/11/2015 8:25 am  #27

On highway 60 almost at Oxtounge right now :-)

12/11/2015 8:44 am  #28

Are you headed to Mew?

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.