You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/09/2015 4:55 pm  #1

Trail Camera

Does anyone ever use a trail camera on their trips up to the park?  My dad bought me one a couple years back and we always bring it up and set it up around our camp.  It's always neat to see what kind of critters come strolling through your campsite at night or during the day when you aren't around.  I haven't caught anything big yet, but lots of fox, marten, etc.

Canadian Tire has a 50% off sale right now on this model: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/stealth-p12-6-mp-trail-camera-2-pk-0755732p.html

9/09/2015 7:43 pm  #2

Re: Trail Camera

I've wanted to get one to see what animal is sniffing outside of your tent at night. 

Last edited by Russ S (9/09/2015 7:44 pm)

9/09/2015 9:45 pm  #3

Thanks for the info. Considered one myself. How is the ease of use, setup and weight and size?

K

"Anyone can make love in a canoe, it's a Canadian who knows enough to take out the centre thwart!        Bahahaha!
                                                                      - Philip Chester

9/10/2015 9:32 am  #4

They aren't very big or heavy, although they do take up a bit of space in a pack.  They are not overly complex to set up and use at all

9/10/2015 10:08 am  #5

Wake up and check the camera to see a picture of a bear wondering around  my site that night....

Hmm.. do I want to know...

Seriously very interesting addition to your gear .. may have to consider..

Would for sure at some point get a few very interesting pics..

A lot of people say they have arrived back at their site during the day to find people there. Never happened to me but would be interesting to know if you have visitors..

We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.
 - George Washington Sears

9/10/2015 10:28 am  #6

Ya I got mine as a gift and actually get a lot of use out of it.  Mine is a cheap one but takes video as well.  Problem is most dont have a viewing screen so you cant see the pictures until you get home and put them in a card reader...Not sure how I'd feel if I looked and saw a bear skulking around my tent and I didn't know it lol

9/11/2015 12:40 pm  #7

Checked Can Tire here in Barrie and they are sold out. Some left in Alliston and Midland stores if anyone wants the drive. Got to look at similar ones though and they are bulky but very light for size. Will have to consider.....

K

"Anyone can make love in a canoe, it's a Canadian who knows enough to take out the centre thwart!        Bahahaha!
                                                                      - Philip Chester

9/12/2015 10:15 am  #8

everyone should have a trailcam watching their site...I caught 10 pics of some person going through my stuff while I was fishing up in Lake Superior PP last week. I use a Browning Dark Ops HD BTC-6HD. 

11/24/2015 8:11 pm  #9

EGB has sent me some photo images to post for him ...

Here's the link to the website for Browning Dark Ops HD BTC-6HD trail-cam .. http://browningtrailcameras.com/our-products/trail-cameras/dark-ops/

EGB: "It's a small compact cam, great camo, and most importantly does not light up like a xmas tree when it takes night pics. I've had the same set of 6 lithiums in it for 6 months now...thousands of pics. I included 3 pics from 3 distances to show how well it hides."

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.