You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/27/2018 12:38 pm  #1

November Fishing?

Heading up to Sec Lake in November with my dad for 6 days and we're looking at trying our luck with a bit of fishing.  We are both terrible fishermen and really know nothing about how to do it right (we're usually worms and bobbers kinds of guys).  Any pointers as to what to use and where?  We won't have a canoe so we're limited to fishing from shores.  Not looking for secret hot spots for fish or anything, just some general types of areas where we might get lucky.

Thanks!

8/27/2018 1:24 pm  #2

Re: November Fishing?

Hi Steve .. .send me a message and I'll let you know what worked for us ...

8/27/2018 1:26 pm  #3

PM sent!

8/27/2018 9:16 pm  #4

hi steve e.
  white fish spawn in the fall,, generally the later part nov. the better for these very fine tasting fish. first ice gets them going.  i have no info about the sec lake region,, generally if the lake has lakers it usually has whitefish, but not always.  bass is still open???  wormy bass yuck.
   pickerel/walleye have a false spawn in the fall, try chutes and fast water edges with some current. same spots as a spring fishing trip,, fishing during low light conditions should increase your catch.
    i hope this helps,,

Last edited by swedish pimple (8/27/2018 9:17 pm)

8/27/2018 9:36 pm  #5

Awesome tips thank you!

9/06/2018 4:19 am  #6

Pike will still be active and open.  You can try casting a rapala type bait from shore.  A slower 'stop and go' retrieve with long pauses is usually a good technique when the water is cold.  The same can also work well for smallmouth bass.  Also pike have pretty mean teeth.  A small steel leader and a pair of pliers for extracting the hook without getting your fingers too close are recommended.

9/06/2018 7:04 am  #7

Awesome info, thank you!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.