You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/30/2018 7:26 pm  #1

Fee refund

Hello all

I just got back from a trip, before I left I found out I had to be back a day earlier than I had reserved for. When I arrived the parks staff told me that I couldn’t get a refund for the last night despite knowing in advance I wouldn’t be staying. I also asked if I could change from one lake to another on one of the nights, and despite the lake I wanted to stay on being available they told me I couldn’t change my itinerary because I had a reservation.

I know that in the past I have received refunds when I left early from a trip, and changed my reserved itinerary when having the permit issued. I explained that and was told that the reservation system rules and policies have changed.

I checked the website and the refund process is basically a form I mail in begging them to refund my single night of camp fees. I may send it in but I’d like to know if there is any chance of getting my money back or if I’m wasting my time and postage.

Thanks

8/30/2018 8:42 pm  #2

Re: Fee refund

I had a different situation where I got a refund, and they did it over the phone. I cancelled a reservation the morning of, and on my confirmation email for booking it said one thing about cancellations, and on their website it said something contradictory. I ended up getting charged $35 instead of $9 or something like that, so I complained and showed them the proof, and said it was ridiculous that they’d then make me spend my own money on postage for their mistake.. so they ended up giving me the refund over the phone.

If you can prove that you should be given a refund for valid reason, then you can probably get it done via phone instead of the ancient snail mail method

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

8/31/2018 10:20 am  #3

I had something similar and called them .. .they eventually gave me the refund minus the booking fee and another fee of similar value ... they were pretty good about it  ...

8/31/2018 11:30 am  #4

Hmm..I can only comment about changing your itinerary on the day you get your permit. This year I have changed my itinerary twice on the day of getting my permit even with a reservation. The only thing to note is that is must be done at the same access point.

I.E. You have a permit to access from Kearney and your change will still take you through the same office then you are okay.

However if you had a reservation to get your permit from Kearney but you showed up at Brent to change your itinerary, then you wouldn't be able to change it. You would have to cancel and rebook through the Brent office.

9/02/2018 3:14 pm  #5

I just came out of cedar on Saturday morning.   My trip started Tuesday, told them at the Mnr office I may come out Friday, the staff member told me. "If you are out before 2:30pm Friday we will refund your extra day charge".   I could have got back the whole $11!!! Haha!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.