You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/28/2018 6:58 pm  #1

Permit pick up hours

Hi everyone I can never find the Westgate hours. How late does it stay open? Trying to figure out if I can pick up a permit late the day before a hike.

Or do I have no choice but to pick up the day of?

8/28/2018 7:49 pm  #2

Re: Permit pick up hours

Both East and West Gate hours are found on the Events Calendar:

http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/involved/calendar/index.php

However, it sounds like you may not be asking about picking up an overnight backcountry permit, but instead are asking about picking up a day use pass in order to start a day-trip hike early in the morning. Is this correct?

8/28/2018 8:07 pm  #3

Ah 8pm thanks! it is for an overnight backpackingtrip. I was thinking of getting there in the afternoon to pick up a permit for a 2 night trip to start the next morning (I like to start hiking real early).

8/28/2018 8:41 pm  #4

They. Might want you to pay for the 3rd night. Ive done this to leave real early on canoe trips. Pay for the extra night and stay at a non reservable campground site rhe first night for interior fee. Was quite a while ago. Might depend on whos working lol.

8/28/2018 9:44 pm  #5

Shayne74 wrote:

Might depend on whos working lol.

Yea. They're not supposed to issue backcountry permits in advance of the day you leave.

I make paddling maps! – MapsByJeff.com

8/28/2018 9:46 pm  #6

that's lame 8 am is late I like to start at 6 and finish in the early afternoon.

8/28/2018 10:02 pm  #7

jeffreym wrote:

Shayne74 wrote:

Might depend on whos working lol.

Yea. They're not supposed to issue backcountry permits in advance of the day you leave.

They didnt. They issued a back country permit for that night and let me stay in a campground since it was already pretty late. I left from cache lake 5am the next morning. Paid the interior rate for a front country site.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.