You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/17/2018 9:05 pm  #1

Tom Thomson vs. Bartlett Lake

What's everyones thoughts on these two lakes?

Anyone have pictures of the sites on Bartlett other than the one nice northeast site I see in every trip report?

I'm looking at 2-3 nights mid to late September, so hopefully I'll avoid most of the summer rush. Considering booking both sites on Bartlett, or doing a mix between the two lakes. Something like i) Bartlett x2, or ii) Bartlett x2 --> Tom Thomson, iii) or Bartlett --> Tom Thomson

Also anyone know what the bear activity is like in the area this year? Do they still have the cables set up for bear hangs, and is it on Bartlett as well or just Tom Thomson?

Thanks in advance

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

8/18/2018 6:13 am  #2

Re: Tom Thomson vs. Bartlett Lake

I booked the sites on Bartlett two weeks ago, had some friends on TT. Bartlett is a very small lake, with four sheltered sites. No wind. The SE site has a bit of a rock face. Lots of bugs, and during the fire ban that was not very attractive. Bugs won't be an issue for you, but honestly I don't see myself going back to Bartlett.

M

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.