You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2018 12:44 pm  #1

Manitou to three mile portage

Just wondering how the 2900m portage is.  Is it steep?  is it rugged?   all i know is that it's long!

thanks

8/15/2018 1:03 pm  #2

Re: Manitou to three mile portage

There's a decent climb out of Manitou up to the high point. Other than that I remember nothing about it, despite being over it a few times (but not for years) - so that's a decent indicator that there's nothing particularly terrible about it. I'll actually be over that portage in a week or so, although I imagine you'll have more solid answers than mine by the time I return anyway. 

8/15/2018 1:07 pm  #3

Re: Manitou to three mile portage

As Uppa mentioned there’s a steep climb right at the start from Manitou to Three Mile that will keep your thighs burning for a little while after. The rest of the portage is flat and easy, with a couple man-made Canoe resting stops along the way. The portage follows a road for part of it as well. Get the climb out of the way, take a break if needed, and the rest is long but not very intimidating

Trip Reports & Campsite Pictures
algonquinbeyond.com

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.