You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/08/2018 5:47 pm  #1

Four Days in July - Part One: The River Mild

Hey all,

I did a four day trip starting out on the Tim River at the end of July. I'd never paddled the Tim before and it was a pretty fun (while at times frustrating) experience. Anyone who's worried that our beaver population is getting lazy just needs to take a paddle down that way and they'll feel much better about our national dam building future.

Hope everyone had a great long weekend!

https://allofalgonquin.com/2018/08/08/four-days-in-july-part-one-the-river-mild/

8/11/2018 7:59 am  #2

Re: Four Days in July - Part One: The River Mild

Great report!!
I'm headed in to Tim river in September so thank you for the running count on beaver dams

8/13/2018 9:06 pm  #3

Great read, as always.  Thanks for sharing.  This confirms what I thought - long river trips are not for me!

8/14/2018 5:56 am  #4

Obs - I’ll be very curious to hear how the water levels are in September. Good luck

Fbeauregard - thanks! It’s funny, I usually avoid creek/small rivers like they’re the plague but somehow every trip I’ve been on this summer has had a significant creek component. Turns out I agree with you, long river/creek trips are not for me (unless it’s early spring I guess)

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.