You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/08/2018 8:17 pm  #1

Kitty Lake Cabin

Have it booked for 3 days mid september. Just wondering if anyone has been there recently and how the swimming is.

8/08/2018 8:26 pm  #2

Re: Kitty Lake Cabin

take some mouse traps wit ya

8/08/2018 8:44 pm  #3

Theyre on the list lol. Thanks.

8/09/2018 10:18 am  #4

Thoughts. Does fire ban include cabin wood stoves? Im guessing it does.

8/09/2018 12:35 pm  #5

My guess is that the ban applies. A friend of mine stayed in a cabin just outside the park boundary and they weren't allowed to use the indoor wood stove, much to their disappointment.

8/09/2018 3:32 pm  #6

During the fire ban of 2012 I had a few night booked at the Highview cabin and I asked this very question to the staff at the Kearney permit office. I was told it was okay due to the fact it's not an 'open fire'. I must admit I found it odd at the time as sparks can escape via the chimney and landoutside. I never ended up lighting up the woodstove - it was just waaaaaay to hot out already.

I'd double check with the staff at the Shall Lake permit office when you check-in as the regulations may have changed, or the staff at Kearney could've simply been incorrect (there was some hesitation in their answer).

Have an awesome trip!

8/10/2018 7:06 am  #7

Sounds good. We dont go until Sept. 19 so with any luck the ban will be lifted and fires wont be an issue. Thanks for the advice guys . Looking forward to getting away for a few days.

8/10/2018 10:34 am  #8

Swimming is great at he cabin. Easy to get in the water and quite deep. With a little luck you'll have the small lake to yourselfs. Not only that , if the water is high enough the swift is fun to ride down with a tube of any kind.

8/10/2018 3:58 pm  #9

Thoughts on kegs? Allowed or not?

8/10/2018 5:53 pm  #10

Great spot. Nice beach on the side. Nice hike down the road at the back. Swim over to the running water. Bring a ton of mouse traps. The mice will get into your food if you don't store it carefully in the cabin. Consider hanging food from the rafters or from a tree outside. 

8/11/2018 7:18 am  #11

Shayne74 wrote:

Thoughts on kegs? Allowed or not?

Was on bice Canada day weekend, on the way in we found another group also going to bice.....they had a keg in a barrel harness (the dude carrying it looked ready to die).   Wardens said the keg was allowed to be brought in.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.