You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/04/2018 2:29 pm  #1

Frank Lake site

My son is taking a late summer trip, does anyone know what the site on Frank Lake is like and will it hold 4 people 2 tents comfortably? Thanks for any info. 

8/08/2018 6:37 am  #2

Re: Frank Lake site

Book Rence or Louisa instead. The site on Frank IMO has a terrible landing, terrible fire pit, and terrible tent pads. There was an out of control fire on the campsite fairly recently and it's not worth staying on if you ask me.

8/08/2018 7:34 am  #3

Gonna have to agree with ATV on this one, the site is pretty crappy. I don't mind the smooth rock landing, but overall the site is very very 'meh' on its best day.

8/08/2018 4:20 pm  #4

We once were forced to stay there due to the short fall days sneaking up on us. The fire pit was a jumble of rocks and burnt exposed roots that somehow seemed lower than the nearby water level. We didn't bother with a fire. The site was small. We only had one tent and I can't remember if there was room for a second tent. I would only take this site as a last resort (and it was).

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.