You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/19/2018 2:31 pm  #1

A Couple Moose Pics

Getting excited for my next trip so decided to organize some older park pics, and came across these from 2005 - Thought I'd share...  Note I generally try to give critters their space, on this occasion seemed I was too quiet turning a corner in the river in my kayak - We both startled each other...  Happy paddling all :-)

7/19/2018 8:55 pm  #2

Re: A Couple Moose Pics

Nice pics guys!! Moose are facinating animals for sure.

Saw this big guy along the Nipissing River:

This pic is grainy and gray because I shot it from within my tent, through the bugs screen. I woke up to a noise and looked out to see a mother and her calf using my campsite as a shortcut:

Then they went swimming:

John regarding that moose on the highway today - when I saw his poor front leg I knew his day wasn't going to end well. I didnt know what happened till I read your post - but sadly thats what I assumed what going to happen. Poor fella, sad it ended that way for him.

7/20/2018 3:04 am  #3

Thanks Guys, and great pics yourselves! :-)

John - If I wasn't the one who took the pics, then Nip R would have been my guess also lol...  But nope - This guy was on the Tim R...

Peek - What a lovely wake up call to have the moose wander through!

7/20/2018 4:51 pm  #4

An experience I am sure I will never repeat from over 20 years ago was seeing 22 moose on a five day trip via Brent, Catfish, Hogan, Big Crow, Lavielle, Radiant and back to Brent.  By the time we were heading down the Crow River if we saw a moose we would say "Oh, there is another moose" and just paddle past it without slowing down!

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.