You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2018 2:41 pm  #1

Lavieille / Little crooked / Little Dickson

Hey all!

I've been looking at dates in May to do the Proulx, Crow River Dickson Loop but noticed Lavielle had very few availabilities for many of the dates in May. I was wondering if anyone knew if they reduced the number of sites available to reserve? All 12 sites reserved in May!? I've never seen that before.

ALSO!

Has anyone been to Little Crooked Lake recently? Or Little Dickson?
Are they worth checking out / staying there? We are a group of 6 on this trip so we'd like a decent site for 2 tents and a sweet kitchen with a view! How is the portage to Little Crooked / Campsites?

THANK YOU!

4/26/2018 2:57 pm  #2

Re: Lavieille / Little crooked / Little Dickson

6/12 available on Lavieille means zero bookings have actually been made. The south end of Lavieille (Hardy's Bay, primarily) has the same blue/green algae issue as Dickson and so they've reduced the number of available sites. 

I've read bad things about little Crooked and better things about Little Dickson, but have not personally been to either - although I'll be going to LD this coming July, so if you end up there let me know how the sites were!

Last edited by Uppa (4/26/2018 2:58 pm)

4/26/2018 4:59 pm  #3

Re: Lavieille / Little crooked / Little Dickson

Both those littles are overrun with winter use including illegal ice fishing

A mans gotta do, what a man's gotta do.

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.