You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2018 11:39 am  #1

Daisy Lake September 1990

This was my maiden journey into Algonquin Park in 1990. My 4-year-old son and I ventured through Magnetewan Lake and camped on the island on Daisy Lake. It was also our first back country canoe experience. I hope you enjoy the story and the pictures.

https://www.outsidewithclyde.com/journal/2018/4/8/fopzud30yroi8s5zimvc5dnyntgrpn

Live Outside
www.OutsidewithClyde.com

4/12/2018 12:12 pm  #2

Re: Daisy Lake September 1990

A very nice read and story.  Thanks for sharing!

CAMPING IS WHEN YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON!

4/12/2018 12:21 pm  #3

Great story.
Great photos!
Thanks for sharing!

4/12/2018 12:38 pm  #4

That was terrific!  It would be fun to get Drew to write up a version of the camping trip to see how the 32 year old version of Drew remembers that trip with dad. 

I was there with my dad in 1990 or 1991, I believe in September.  My camping buddy bailed out last minute, so I offered to take my dad, and we went - the only camping trip we ever took.  Your photographs refreshed a lot of my memory, for which I'm very grateful.  I've thought about doing a trip report from that trip, and I think you've pushed me over the edge to do it.  This summer I'm taking my family that way, and will point out where grampa got his sleeping bag soaked, where daddy couldn't get a fire started, etc.  I learned a lot that trip..... 

Again, that was just terrific to read.  Thanks so much for sharing that.  It makes me a little nostalgic for camping in the days before lightweight everything.

4/12/2018 1:51 pm  #5

What a fantastic read! Really neat to read a report from almost 3 decades ago - I bet it doesn't feel like it was that long ago eh? I hope Drew still visits AP to this day (and you as well of course) - he's lucky to have been introduced to is so early in life. 

Your report tossed a bit of nostalgia my way - the site you stayed at on Daisy Lake was my 2nd Algonquin interior campsite, while on my first interior trip (previous nights at Misty). I always find it amazing that the campsites almost never change (a fallen tree here or there, or a firepit moved - but overall, same site) so it's interesting to see photos from all eras, as the campsites are always (mostly) instantly recognisable.

4/13/2018 10:09 am  #6

Great post!  This is the section of the park I've been to most, interesting to see the pics...  Thanks for sharing!  

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.