You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/04/2018 5:28 am  #18

Re: what do you do with your pack while at camp

I keep my CCS is my vestibule with only the bags from other gear in it. Never had an issue. 

4/04/2018 7:13 am  #19

RCSpartan wrote:

I keep my CCS is my vestibule with only the bags from other gear in it. Never had an issue. 

I also keep my pack in my vestibule if rain is forecast, otherwise outside propped up against a tree with the top cinched up and flap buckled.
All edibles and scented items get hung.
I haven't had an issue yet.

4/04/2018 8:38 am  #20

Thanks again for all of your advise, being a novice tripper it is nice to pick the brains of the vets. I am going with a hammock this year so will likely hang my pack off the suspension. Praying for warmer weather.

4/11/2018 7:16 pm  #21

I take out my toiletry kit and hang that on a nail or branch of a tree, then put my pack in the vestibule or lean against a tree...  Haven't had any issues thus far (*knock on wood*)...  I also never keep any food/snacks/etc in my pack...

4/27/2018 10:07 pm  #22

My pack hangs on one of the plethora of nails you find in trees on the sites. The hanging pack makes it easy to throw loose gear into as I put away things for the night. However, if I expect a heavy rain I'll put the pack in the vestibule. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.