You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/09/2018 8:19 am  #1

Mini lights

Hey gang,

Im on the hunt for those mini lights you depress with your thumb.  Very handy if attached to your individual gear and food bags when looking for something at night and you find yourself digging through a gear bag. I want to pick up a few and attach them to each gear/food bag.

Im thinking Ali-express. What say you folks?

2/09/2018 9:25 am  #2

Re: Mini lights

Swift Fifteen wrote:

Hey gang,

Im on the hunt for those mini lights you depress with your thumb.  Very handy if attached to your individual gear and food bags when looking for something at night and you find yourself digging through a gear bag. I want to pick up a few and attach them to each gear/food bag.

Im thinking Ali-express. What say you folks?

Why wouldn't you just turn on your headlamp if you need to search through a bag at night?

2/09/2018 5:11 pm  #3

I dont always wear a headlamp. Ive seen many folks who wear these things as soon as the sun sets. And i find that unless im actually doing a detailed task, i dont really need it.  My eyes adjust perfectly fine for around camp - typically the fire illuminates enough area for me. But there are times when i need something in a gear bag and find it much easier with a small thumb light attached to the cinch cord. 

2/09/2018 9:26 pm  #4

Is this what you're thinking of? 

Last edited by paddlindad (2/09/2018 9:49 pm)

2/09/2018 9:54 pm  #5

paddlindad wrote:

Is this what you're thinking of? 

That's EXACTLY what im looking for. Thank you, sir!

2/09/2018 10:05 pm  #6

2/12/2018 10:05 am  #7

I use something similar on the bear hang. The bear rope is usually one of the first camp chores but we never actually hang the food bag until after dark so we put a little LED light on the end of the rope so we can find it easily before bed. 

You'd think we could just remember where we hung the rope but we've done enough meandering in the dark to know our memories aren't THAT great. 

Board footera

LNT Canada is a national non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnerships.